Support Worker – Care and Supported Housing
Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker, to join the team based in Chelmsford. You will work on a full and part time, permanent basis and will be offered a competitive salary of £17,062 per annum with sleep in at £67.50 per shift.
We are opening a new supported housing service in Chelmsford for people with a learning disability. We are looking for people who are committed and passionate who can demonstrate the right values and behaviours to help enhance this service. You will provide practical and emotional support assisting customers towards achieving independence through housing related support.
As our Support Worker you will support customers who are living in supported accommodation. Provide practical and emotional support assisting customers to aim at achieving independence through housing related supported. You will also undertake any personal care duties required for any individual and support customers in understanding and sustaining their tenancy.
The Support Worker key responsibilities:
- Provide/ offer individualised support through needs and support planning assessment and review
- Ensure that customers are aware and understand the responsibilities of their tenancy and of the scheme and to support them to sustain these
- Provide support to customers with wide range of needs both within the scheme and out in the community
- Minimise as far as possible conflict and confrontation within the service between customers and visitors
- Promote the integration of the customers into the local community
- Provide opportunities by which customers will be enabled to develop independent living skills
You do not need to have any previous experience in care and supported housing. We are looking for someone who is kind and caring, who shares the same vision as us and puts People First. Can you provide person centred approach of support to enable the people we support to live independently.
As our Support Worker you will receive the below benefits:
Further to our merger with Peabody we will now be offering the below benefit package from the 1st March:
- Real Living Wage Employer
- 25 days leave and 8 bank holidays
- Sleep-in payments £67.50 per night
- Paid Mileage at 44p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300 and maximum of £1000
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhance DBS
- Annual pay review.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Support Worker then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!