Camp America is looking for young people aged 18+ to fill positions in over 1000 summer camps in the United States of America.
ARE YOU WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A young person looking for a unique work and travel experience that utilises your skills, hobbies and passions?
- Ready to step out of your comfort zone, seek adventure and meet new people?
- Willing to work with kids ages 8-16 years old?
If you answered yes to any of the above we want to meet you! 😎
Camp America is the original camp counsellor program provider and designated J1 Visa sponsor. We currently recruit over 7,000 young people each year from over 25 countries worldwide to work in summer camps right across the United States of America. Become immersed in the culturally unique summer camp tradition as you work as a camp counsellor and/or activity specialist. The length of the placement is 9-12 weeks with the opportunity to travel for up to 30 days after camp.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a general counsellor your number one responsibility is to make sure the campers in your care are safe and having fun!
- Supervising campers during activities, meal times and in the bunks.
- Help organise and run games and activities for campers.
- Work alongside people from all over the world.
- As a General Counsellor, you will never be working alone. You'll be part of a strong team of Counsellors and together you will have the responsibility of supervising your bunk of kids.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
If you've already got childcare experience, you're ideal to take on the role of a General Counsellor. You'll be taking constant care of kids throughout the summer which will involve everything from waking them up in the morning, joining in with their full day of activities and making sure they get to bed at night. You don't need to be an expert in any sport or activity for this role as you won't be expected to lead any sessions, however it's always useful if you have a general level of experience in a range of sports and activities as you'll be helping out in all areas at camp.
WHAT YOU GET
- Pocket money $650-$1200 USD
- Medical insurance
- Return flight
- J1 visa sponsorship
- 24/7 support
- AND MORE
Camp America is hassle free. All you have to do is decide where you want to travel after camp. New York City? The Grand Canyon? Harry Potter World ⚡?
For full application and program fees please visit: https://www.campamerica.co.uk/costs/costs-process-explained/first-timer-costs
Sound good? Start your application today.
To apply for 2018 you’ll need to be:
- 18 by June 1, 2018
- Available to depart some time between May 1, 2018 and June 20, 2018
- Open to all Camp America safer recruiting policies and procedures for child protection and the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults meaning that all applicants will have to pass reference, medical and criminal background checks.
MEET THE DIRECTORS. GET HIRED ON THE SPOT.
In January we're bringing 200+ amazing camps from all over the USA to London, Edinburgh and Manchester to meet & hire staff for summer 2018!
For more details see here: https://www.campamerica.co.uk/explore/events
Can't make it? Don't worry! Majority of our applicants are hired online via our online applications. Apply here: https://mycampamerica.com/register