Paralegal - Investment Advice Complaint Handler
We are a small complaints management company handling complaints against banks, building societies and insurance companies and we are looking for a new complaint handler to join our team.
Operating since the 1990’s we became probably the first independent firm set up in the UK to fight on behalf of consumers in respect of the widespread (usually commission based) mis-selling of products, particularly mis sold investments. During this time we have won millions of pounds for thousands of ordinary consumers all over the UK and in some cases beyond.
We are looking for a paralegal to help in the area of mis-sold investments. You will be required to communicate both with clients and various financial institutions from which we are retrieving our clients’ documents and progressing claims.
The key stages of our mis-sold investment case load involve:
- taking ‘first chat notes’ from first time callers, logging these on our computer systems accurately, and signing them up as clients.
- Then sending off first enquiries to the investment company to retrieve the point of sale documents and other data relating to the sale of the product. This often requires an ability to pursue information tenaciously when banks are uncooperative.
- Reviewing documentation to assess whether any information is missing or should be held by the banks
- Subsequently once all the information has been collated to then consider the merits of a case and address any weaknesses and plan what approach to take before drafting a complaint on behalf of the client in order to secure compensation.
- Analysis of whether there is any potential redress based upon the details of the case
- Assess the banks rejection letter and reply to address any points that have not been adequately considered and draft Statement of Complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
There is a need to be able to think critically, and absorb and retain information that is relevant to the different tasks. You will need to be able to write coherently and persuasively and show attention to detail.
Training is provided, but there is also a need to be a self-learner being able to research different funds and previous Ombudsman decisions independently.
You will be working with 3 or 4 other people so the ability to communicate confidently and positively with in a team setting is important.
A GDL, LPC or degree in law or finance or a related field is required, or alternatively if you have experience working in banking compliance or a CMC that has dealt with complex financial on investment claims or at the Financial Ombudsman Service we would be interested to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter and your CV as a word document or PDF.
We cannot offer training contracts so this role would suit someone looking for a role in the legal field who has now decided they do not want to become a solicitor/ barrister. Initially the position will only pay £8 per hour whilst training and gaining experience in the role. Once you are able to work at a similar level to the existing complaint handlers there will be an increase to your salary and additional bonuses related to your work.
Apply for Paralegal - Investment Advice Complaint Handler
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly