Commis Chef - Artist Residence Oxford
Artist Residence Oxfordshire and Mr Hanburys Mason Arms is looking for a Commis Chef to join us as soon as possible!
We’re a small but rapidly expanding group of fun and friendly places to eat, drink and sleep with a focus on great design, food and service. We currently have boutique hotels in London, Brighton, Cornwall, Oxfordshire and soon to be Bristol, each uniquely designed to fit with their surroundings, featuring bars and restaurants that are popular with hotel guests and locals alike.
Mr Hanbury’s Mason Arms is a restaurant and pub located in the Oxfordshire countryside and is a part of the award winning Artist Residence boutique hotel group. We have a collective passion for sourcing the best local produce from within 25 miles wherever possible and have own kitchen garden to pick from. Our menu is an inventive take on British classics all helped along by a varied selection of local ales, fine wines and classic cocktails served with a seasonal British twist.
Recently awarded 2 AA Rosettes and 5* inn as well as the most romantic hotel in the UK by the Sunday Times, we are proud of our beautiful rooms, great food and cosy, relaxing and fun ambience.
- 9/10 Saturday Times Tom Chesshyre
- 9/10 Sunday Telegraph Fiona Duncan
- To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the teamTo ensure that own knives are kept sharp, clean and is in possession of basic Working ToolsTo set up daily Mis en place
- o work as part of the team
- To prepare all Mis En Place and garnishes as required for the day and in advance where required
- To receive food items, signing where required and storing correctly in line with HACCP procedure (FIFO, FEFO)
- To Prepare any guest orders relevant to their section or where as required Including a la carte and du jour menus as well as any special requests
- To prepare both hot and cold foods for various sections
- To prepare a variety of hot and cold sauces
- To clean and maintain all work areas in accordance with health and hygiene standards
- To collect items from cold rooms and dry stores and to inform supervisors if store stock levels are low
- 1-2 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Basic Knowledge of seasonal produce
- Basic knowledge of all day dining establishments preferably in hotel but not restricted
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job-related skills as per Accountable Duties.
- 28 days holiday
- Career growth
- Staff meals
- Fantastic discounts at our hotels, restaurants and bars
If this sounds good to you could you please reply to this ad answering the following question:
- What appeals to you about joining Artist Residence?
Job Type: Full-time