General Manager / Restaurant Manager
General Manager – New Opening March 2018
The Mayfair Chippy is a quintessentially award winning British restaurant with an emphasis on great fish dishes, serving only the freshest produce to the highest standards. Located in the heart of Mayfair our independent restaurant boasts 1 AA Rosette, we are also proud to appear in the Michelin Guide 2016.
Fish & Chips is the specialty, but we also serve traditional classic British dishes such as our famous Shepherd's Pie and Steak & Kidney Pudding. To complement the fabulous food, we also offer a selection of world wines and retro cocktails.
We are now expanding and opening a new site in the heart of the city. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Manager to be a part of a growing brand.
We are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner
The Mayfair Chippy is operated by Eatbrit enterprises LTD who also operate a restaurant within Harrods and a high profile event catering business.
Eatbrit can offer great career prospects to industry professionals as pans are in place for further new sites.
Restaurant General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
As a General Manager you must ensure that the restaurant operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. You must coordinate a variety of activities, and are responsible for the business performance, quality standards and health and safety of the restaurant.
Duties and responsibilities
· Leading a team of 20 plus staff
· Delivering the highest standards of hospitality, service and food quality
· Responsible for day to day operational management
· Training and development of the team
· Staff management, rota planning and scheduling and payroll
· Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage
· Good financial knowledge including ordering, stock control, sales forecasting and budgeting
· The ability to oversee all aspects of the restaurant front and back of house
· Demonstrable working knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Safety
· Knowledge of Excel, Word and good IT skills
· Experience of new openings would be advantageous
Job Type: Full-time