Paralegal (3 month contract)
Who We Are
Dominvs Group is a family-owned hotels, real estate and private equity business, with over £450m of assets under management. We are organised around four core sub sectors:
- Commercial - our commercial portfolio combines prime industrial space with office and mixed use developments
- Hospitality – we are a rapidly building hotel company with a construction pipeline in key British cities
- Residential – our residential business is focused on new developments in London and the Home Counties
- Private Equity - we are an active investor looking for innovative venture capital opportunities
The group is made up of industry professionals who together aim to drive extra-ordinary returns.
We work on open plan trading floor style office with around twenty five colleagues, which brings interaction and excitement. Our office is on the well-connected Baker Street, easy to reach and close to all the amenities. We’re about to start work on building our own self-designed head office, which will be nearby.
You will join our Head of Legal who undertakes a legal and commercial function. It performs a wide ranging role.
The team works hand in hand with the group’s other functions, dealing with contracts, property, construction, litigation, employment and compliance.
There is some legal work outsourced to outside counsel.
- Assisting with title due diligence and reporting.
- Managing, with supervision, the negotiation of commercial agreements and aspects of property transactions.
- Supporting group businesses in insurance, compliance and record keeping.
- Corresponding with solicitors and barristers.
- Filing and other general administration.
Experience and Skills
You must have completed the Legal Practice Course and have an understanding of at least commercial and property. Knowledge of construction, litigation, employment or compliance isn’t required, but would be an advantage.
People and communication skills are key. You must be capable of using your personality, in addition to your expertise, to influence situations.
We focus on clear communication and solid teamwork. In addition, you need to be highly organised and able to adapt, whilst prioritising the needs of our business.
You must possess the ability to work with confidence and self-discipline, taking ownership of tasks and being able to demonstrate sound judgement and decision making skills. However, you will always have the Head of Legal to run things by and support you.
Please send your CV and a covering note to Hannah Smith – email@example.com.