We have several opportunities for Team Manager to join the Data Protection team based in Wilmslow on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £31,389 Per Annum + pension and excellent benefits.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is an independent public body and the national regulator of information rights, including Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Privacy and Electronic Communications. We uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. We educate organisations, promote good practice and are involved in important issues from nuisance calls/texts to the use of surveillance cameras. As well as this, we oversee legislation that ensures people’s data is secure, accurate and robustly managed.
Team Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Delivering one of four front line services
- Ensuring that work is completed to a consistently high standard and in line with relevant performance measures
- Identify opportunities to improve and develop the way we work
- Report to a Group Manager who is responsible for the delivery and development of services within their group and across the department
- Line manage a team of case officers, monitoring their performance, supporting their development and ensuring they are utilised effectively
Our ideal Team Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- 5 years experience of working at a graduate level
- Excellent intellectual ability and be able to analyse complex legislation and apply it to particular cases
- Have good judgement and confidence to take high profile decisions
- Strong ability to lead a frontline service to deliver expected outcomes, including first class customer service
- Able to analyse trends, using management information to help inform group and departmental strategy and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong leadership skills
- Deal with all aspects of management including performance and attendance management
- Confidence to make decisions regarding your staff
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Team Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today!
The ICO's mission is to uphold information rights in the public interest. To find out more about our work please visit our website.