Turkish Speaking Immigration Solicitors/ Caseworker for a busy law firm
An exciting position has arisen with the North London office of an established law firm for an Immigration Solicitor or an experienced Caseworker.
· You will be expected to manage your own workload which will include providing accurate and practical advice to clients on all aspects of the UK immigration and nationality law.
· Assisting with the preparing of applications, including entry clearance applications and further leave to remain applications.
· Preparing bespoke submission instructions to assist clients filing applications at Entry Clearance Posts overseas or Public Enquiry Offices in the UK.
· Liaising with the Home Office over the telephone and keeping clients informed of the progress of their application.
· Keeping up to date on changes to the Home Office policies and procedures and cascading knowledge as appropriate.
· File management and billing administration.
· To provide a high quality legal service to all London Solicitors’ clients.
· To develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
· Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
· Establishing what needs to be done to solve a client’s problems.
· Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
· Attend and represent London Solicitors at client meetings.
· Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
· Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
· Represent clients in tribunals and in Courts where required.
· To work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards expected of the profession.
· Comply with professional standards and any requirement set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
· Carry out duties given by the partners or employees faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
· To participate in the growth and development of the department / firm.
· Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential.
· Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law.
· Attract additional business from new and existing clients.
· Record all chargeable hours.
· To have a clear understanding of what it would take to develop a career to the next level.
· Support internal procedures and systems of London Solicitors including file / case management, time recording.
· To respect partners, staff and clients and in turn earn the respect of the department and clients.
· Participate in team meetings.
· Attend internal training and external training as and when required.
· Keep up to date with law and practice.
· Share information with colleagues.
· Read journals and attend courses as part of continuing professional development (CPD). Keep track of CPD hours.
· Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
· Solicitors at every level must be able to show a track record of achieving their fee contribution and time targets and that the targets are appropriate for their position and level of qualification.
Person Specification – experience and attributes required:
· Educated to degree level, preferably in Law and having preferably obtained a 2:1 or above although all applications will be considered.
· LPC / BVC qualified essential.
· A broad range of previous high quality immigration practice experience is essential
· Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm. Relevant experience within a professional services firm would be desirable.
· Understanding of and commitment to London Solicitors’ values and ethos.
· Excellent communication both written and verbal - the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level. · A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty.
· Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner. · Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings. Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure.
· The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time.
Salary Details: Competitive and Negotiable