EXPERIENCED SAMPLE MACHINIST
Fashionizer Couture Uniforms, based in West London is looking for a Seamstress/Sample machinist able to sew both ladies and men’s garments. The applicant must have excellent sewing skills including construction knowledge of tailored garments and good experience to high standards of finish.
1. Cutting & sewing toile garments of first patterns
2. Reporting on pattern issues.
3. Cutting & Sewing sample garments to a high presentation standard.
4. Cutting & sewing small quantities of production garments.
5. Measuring & fitting of clients (In-house & client locations).
6. Alterations & fixing of QC issues.
The ideal candidate needs to be well organised, and confident working independently to agreed deadlines. The person needs to be friendly and used to communicating updates and working as part of the team. The role is very varied as we make both ladies wear and menswear garments and a large variety of garments.
It is essential that any candidates applying have the following:
Thorough knowledge of sewing techniques and garment construction.
Ability to use an industrial sewing machine.
Good hand sewing.
This is a busy role within a friendly busy team of designers and pattern cutters.
The successful applicant will be working in a very nice informal office environment.
• Salary £20K
• 22 days holiday + public holidays.
• Working hours – normally 9.00 – 17.30
• Great work environment and kitchen facilities on site