Private Office Group Manager
We have an opportunity for a Private Office Group Manager to join the team based in Wilmslow on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a starting salary £39,728 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is an independent public body; we uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. As well as educating organisations and promoting good practice, we oversee the legislation to ensure people’s data is secure, accurate and properly managed.
As a Private Office Group Manager you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Private Office, which provides support for the ICO’s most senior leaders, including the Information Commissioner and the Senior Leadership Team. You will have direct line management responsibility for the Private Office team to ensure that its functions are delivered to the highest standard and in line with clear and often tight timescales
The Private Office Group Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Private Office delivers effective, efficient and timely support to the Information Commissioner and the SLT
- Ensure that the ICO’s Corporate Governance function fulfils all internal and external demands
- Implement and manage effective processes for receiving, allocating and progress chasing work coming into the Private Office
- Contribute to the development of the ICO’s risk management strategy and provide oversight of risk management processes
- Identify issues arising both within and external to the ICO, and support the planning and implementation of responses, co-ordinating contributions from across the organisation at the most senior levels
- Design, implement and maintain systems to track the receipt, handling and response to all correspondence received by the Senior Leadership Team
- Liaise with external stakeholders
- Engage with external organisations regarding private office and corporate governance matters
- Provide effective leadership to the Private Office and corporate governance teams
- Lead significant, ICO wide projects such as the delivery of the Annual Report, development of the Corporate Plan, procurement of governance services
- Keep up to date with developments across ICO departments and functions, retaining a breadth of knowledge across the work of the ICO and work closely with members of ICO’s SLT and non-executive directors.
Our ideal Private Office Group Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- Degree, equivalent qualification or relevant work experience
- Significant relevant work experience (5 years +)
- Experience of leading and managing people
- Experience of interpreting, summarising and communicating complex information quickly
- Knowledge of governance responsibilities placed on organisations, ideally those placed in the public sector
- Ability to track and deliver varied tasks to tight deadlines
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation and written skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Private Office Group Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd January 2018
The ICO's mission is to uphold information rights in the public interest. To find out more about our work please visit our website, or subscribe to our e-newsletter at ico.org.uk/newsletter.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email (and any attachment), please inform the sender by return email and destroy all copies without passing to any third parties.
If you'd like us to communicate with you in a particular way please do let us know, or for more information about things to consider when communicating with us by email, visit ico.org.uk/email