Category Specialist - Pencoed, Bridgend
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Salary: £32,000 – 38,000 + car
Working hours: Full time
3-5 Years experience required.
The Procurement Team is recruiting for the following positions:
Category Specialist – Facilities Management
Category Specialist – Catering Management
Category Specialist – ICT
As an organisation 2buy2 works on behalf of our customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Our highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all our customers.
What 2buy2 wants from our Category Specialist:
The Category Specialist will contribute to the development of our procurement category management strategy across the organisation and the professional services area of spend.
This is a key position that will work with both the public and private sectors and for some clients we follow public sector procurement regulations and require someone with the ability to ensure we are achieving value while following compliance.
Type of person we are looking for:
A procurement professional with a proven track record of delivering efficiencies, savings and other value-added benefits in either the public or private sectors. You will support 2buy2 in all of their commercial, procurement, tendering and contract management activities. You will have a good knowledge of all applicable UK and EU procurement legislation, and strong project management skills.
You will have MCIPS or equivalent experience, ideally within a public sector procurement organisation, have a high level of stakeholder engagement expertise and will be used to working on multiple projects. You will also have excellent project management and IT skills, in particular CRM database experience. In addition, you will have strong influencing skills to work with our critical supplier base and key stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder engagement competencies, and will have the ability to work alongside and support service teams across our client base in the delivery of their critical projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake consultancy work with our client base to review, improve and deliver best practice procurement policies and procedures across their organisation.
- Lead the development and implementation of category management strategy across 2buy2
- Involved in leading and managing complex contracting solutions, spend aggregation strategies and collaborative procurement initiatives.
- Provide advice and guidance for contract management.
- Understanding market intelligence and undertake analysis activities in regards to supplier selection
- Manage bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection, and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis
- Undertake sourcing and tendering activities
- Lead on e-sourcing strategies for relevant Category spends
- Ensure compliance in all areas of procurement activity
- Ensure commercial targets are achieved against the business plan for Category Spend.
- Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Identify & implement best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
- Mitigate risk and liability to the Company and to our clients wherever possible
- Assist with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions
- Get involved with ad hoc project work.
- Some travel will be required.
Other skills and experience we’re looking for:
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level. At 2buy2 this means that a Procurement Officer needs the following to work effectively:
- Experience of tendering and understanding or working knowledge of OJEU tendering processes
- Experience of working on and leading collaborative procurement projects
- Ability to work within a cross functional team
- Ability to work with external Public Sector Buying Organisations (PSBOs)
What we can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary we are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get:
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- Other benefits