Bookkeeper / Financial Controller - Nottingham
Bookkeeper / Financial Controller
Reports to: Managing Director / Takes Direction from: Operations Manager
Salary: Negotiable / Working Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm (Monday to Friday) (40 Hour Working Week)
Based at: Lake View Drive, Sherwood Park, Annesley, Nottinghamshire
The position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy. Reporting to the Managing Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
The successful applicant will have a good eye for detail, be able to work methodically but swiftly and have a strong work ethic. The job involves working in a fast paced, demanding, high pressure business where you are expected to be able to provide work of a consistently high quality.
The successful applicant will be intelligent, dedicated, disciplined, and committed with a vibrant, upbeat, positive personality who can work well alone or as part of a team. They must be able to constantly exercise good judgement in all areas of the role and be a confident communicator, whether this be with our clients, customers or repair partners. It is essential the correct applicant has excellent spoken and written English and an excellent phone manner.
The ideal applicant has 10+ years’ experience as a financial controller/Bookkeeper , proficient with sage line 50 and sage construct, highly experienced with CRM systems, and advanced level in excel.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
The bookkeeper/financial controller candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Sage accounting software package.