Head of AML (Maternity Cover)
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Working in our Legal and Compliance department the Head of AML will assume deputy MLRO responsibilities as well as work closely alongside our Operational teams to ensure effective implementation of regulatory requirements. The Betting and Gaming industry is a fast paced and ever changing environment and requires someone who can guide and support the business through current and future requirements.
What you'll do:
- Lead and develop an AML framework and strategy to include detailed policies and procedures.
- Advise management and members of the Ops team on money laundering issues, particularly the review of higher risk customers and provide clear instructions of how the AML framework should be applied for these cases.
- Produce a monthly circular for senior stakeholders setting out key developments both externally and within the business.
- Keep abreast of proposed AML regulation and legislation and advise the business on how these could potentially affect our operations.
- Observe and plan for new legislation in relation to development of AML policies, systems, practices and procedures and oversight to ensure effective implementation
- Maintain relationships internally and externally such as regulators, sports governing bodies and industry peers.
- Provide regular information updates to senior management on the operation and effectiveness of the company's AML systems and controls.
- Review Internal SARs and make decisions as to whether they need reporting externally
- Liaise with the police and other authorities to assist in investigations and DPA requests.
- Represent the company at selected committees/forums, conferences and on industry-wide projects involving external parties for AML. This would include the RGA and UKGC AML forums.
How you'll do it:
- You'll report into the Chief Legal Officer and work as part of the Legal and Compliance team
- Have previous experience as an MLRO or a manager within an AML department
- Possess an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Managerial/leadership experience is preferable of both people and systems with the ability to influence at all levels
- Project management and business process improvement experience
- Ability to manage the relationship the Financial Intelligence Units and the Gambling Commission
- Have previous experience of the SARs regime and working with the NCA or other Financial Intelligence Units.
- You're the kind of person who can communicate as well as you can listen, and build strong relationships at all levels of business.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
AML qualifications (such as International Compliance Association Diploma) and previous experience of working within the betting and gaming industry is preferable but not essential.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 700,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.