Financial Controller - South Kensington Club
The Controller maintains the Club’s financial records through SAGE Accounting System, evaluates Club operations in terms of costs, controls and profitability and prepares analyses for managerial and administrative functions.
With 4 cost centres, the ideal candidate will have multi-site or multi-company experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and implement finance related and internal controls procedures for the Club (i.e. Purchasing, petty cash, daily-cash ups, monthly payments, contracts on Sage system).
- Set up and manage the membership payments.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Attend Investors or other key meetings and prepare supporting documentation for those meetings when requested.
- Supervise directly or indirectly all accounting functions, or perform individually: budgeting, cost accounting, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, membership loans, bank statements and reconciliation.
- Supply management any and all financial information necessary for making policy decisions monthly.
- Lead and direct effectively the accounts assistants, empowering them to grow and develop.
Qualifications and Skills
- SAGE Accounting System Proficiency
- Previous experience of working in the Luxury Hospitality industry, or membership club environment and minimum of 3 years in that role.
- Financially astute, focused on the figures
- Strong IT skills and complete proficiency in MS Office package
- Good team ethos is important, along with the ability to develop other individuals within that team.
We are looking for experienced individuals with a passion for delivering attentive service, and who will help us achieve our vision to to develop an environment of contemporary, diverse and unparalleled hospitality.
- Excellent Salary Package
- 28 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
- Meals on duty provided
- Healthy work life balance - 40 to 45 hours a week
- Generous recommend a friend package
- Employee of the month incentive and payroll bonus
- Autonomy to grow and develop your team