Team Leader- Grounds worker-Landscaper
GreenBee Landscapes is a small, landscape construction company based in St Andrews
Our business is expanding so we have an opportunity for a qualifiedGgrounds worker-Landscaper
You must be passionate, reliable, hardworking and be able to use your own initiative to keep work flowing throughout the day. Excellent communication and customer service skills together with a keen eye for detail are also a must.
This is a full-time position and salary will be negotiated based on ability and experience.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in landscape construction, preferably with an industry based trade qualification (qualified landscaper)
- Experience as a Team Leader or Foreman
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of hard and soft landscaping, in particular paving, retaining walls, Decking and Water features.
- Willingness to work both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safe work practices,
- The ability to follow direction, to read and interpret plans/specifications and to quality control projects.
- A strong worth ethic, excellent workmanship and the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- A current driver's license and own vehicle is essential.
- Installs paver patios; stone, wood, or segmental block retaining walls.
- Build Decks, Fences and gates
- Builds sheds, and other wood structures
- Understands basic wood framing
- Installs garden ponds.
- Installs low-voltage landscape lighting.
- Reads landscape design prints and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Understands elevations and uses this knowledge to execute the construction plan.
- Operates, proficiently, a variety of mechanical equipment, including Digger, back hoes, plate compactors, stone grinders, drills, gas and electric chop saws, demolition hammers, and jack hammers.
- Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client’s requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client tickets.
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Manages a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Briefs boss and make recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies of needed repairs.
- Occasionally applies chemicals under the direction of licensed custom applicator
Please send your application (including resume and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org