Embedded Software Engineer (C, STM, DSP, Android AOSP)
Andromeda is a high-growth company working on a groundbreaking new communications device for frontline teams around the world who depend on critical communications to keep us safe and keep the world working.
We are looking for several Embedded Software Engineers with all levels of skills and experience to join us during a period of rapid growth and expansion.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a small, highly motivated team within a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company that really values outstanding technical achievement.
Are you an enthusiastic Embedded software engineer looking to make a difference in the world?
If so, get in touch today for an immediate interview.
You will take responsibility for the audio and radio software components of the product. Voice call quality is important to our users - we need to make sure our audio pipeline is tuned so they can make themselves heard even in noisy environments. Device to device digital radio is also a key selling point for our product and you will be instrumental in delivering the low-level software stack that makes this possible.
* Proficiency in C programming
* Experience of programming Embedded ARM micro-controllers (STM)
* Understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
* Knowledge of Linux drivers and systems programming
* Understanding of communication interfaces - SPI, I2C, UART, USB
* Knowledge of Android development and AOSP
* Understanding of radio transceivers and standards (especially DMR/dPMR/TETRA/P25)
* Wetherby, West Yorkshire
* Easily commutable from York, Leeds and surrounding areas. Lots of free parking!
* £25 - £50k depending on experience
Please note this role is office based, so you must be within a reasonable daily commute of Wetherby in West Yorkshire, or willing to relocate. We do not provide visa sponsorship or relocation assistance. Please no recruitment agency or third-party applications.