Solution Designer required to join our client based in Salford Quays, Manchester. This is a permanent position paying a salary of £45-50k with a host of benefits including flexible working hours, on site parking, annual bonus, company pension and discount on a range of products.
Our client is a nationally recognised brand specialising in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. They work in a modern, agile environment and encourage flexible working hours. They offer a range of products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
The primary function of the role involves the design of IT solutions to produce reliable and fit for purpose systems and processes. Solution designers are "customer centric" in their approach to work considering the impact to the business and customers when formulating solutions. They are dedicated to continually improving the systems and processes by spotting opportunities for improvement and identifying flexible solutions which can support future business requirements.
* Actively look for way ways of improving security compliance and security Interprets and occasionally documents requirements identified into a set of functional designs for consumption by development departments
* Derives solution design by working with business analysts, solution and enterprise architects, delivery and operational teams
* Ensures the solution design meets the business objectives and aligns with the architectural blueprints and governance framework
* Facilitates and leads design workshops with subject matter experts, delivery leads and other required parties
* Works closely with the development teams to ensure that the implementation is effective and faithful to the original design and of appropriate quality
* Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to the business and technology
* Will have worked on complex projects with key experience within development (.Net, C#, C++, Java, SQL, Oracle)
* Worked within an SME where there is more cross over (used to wearing more than one hat and not as silo-ed)
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Confident communicator
* Knowledge of telecommunications systems and products (BSS/OSS, Networks, LLU, Fibre, Ethernet, SIP) this would be advantageous.
Reasons to Join
* £45-50k per annum
* 25 days Annual Leave
* Flexible Working Hours
* 10% Annual Bonus
* On Site Parking
* 20% off Metrolink
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Discount on Products and Shopping
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your details in the first instance.
For further information you can call - James Brown.