Heathrow Travel Care have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to join our team at Heathrow Airport. You will join us on a permanent full time position, and we are offering a competitive salary of £30,000 per annum plus LGPS Pension Scheme.
Our new Social Worker will receive and respond appropriately to all referrals and requests made to Heathrow Travel-Care. These referrals will be working with vulnerable people including: those with Mental Health concerns, homelessness, deportees, repatriations, older people, victims of internet scams, returning distressed British National from abroad, destitute persons and more.
Tasks and Responsibilities of our Social Worker include:
- Direct work with vulnerable client groups listed above
- Liaise with our partners at the Foreign Office regarding the safe return of distressed British Nationals.
- Engage with casework and project work to agreed professional standards.
- Work within agency guidelines, using initiative appropriately when working alone; and seeking advice/guidance from colleagues when necessary
- Retain a critical awareness of issues identified through their work and to bring those issues to the attention of the team, as consistent with the aims and objectives of the agency and with regard to agency resources
- To retain an up-to-date working knowledge of current legislation and guidance affecting Social Work practice and the day to day operation of the agency and consistently share this knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Make and maintain effective professional links with relevant agencies both on and off the airport.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively with the rest of the team, including volunteers
- Undertake training/development initiatives as required.
- Provide training to other agencies in specialist areas where appropriate
- Participate positively in planning and developing the work of the agency, proposing and implementing appropriate initiatives identified through current workload and in discussion with the staff team.
- Participate in the agency’s Emergency Response, as required, including briefing and debriefing.
In addition to this the successful applicant will; be passionate about social work, have a record of upholding human rights, be an excellent communicator (verbally and in writing), be an effective online ‘researcher’, be an effective problem solver, have a ‘can-do attitude’, enjoy learning and embrace positive change.
Our ideal Social Worker will be:
- Eligible to work in UK.
- Registered, Qualified Social Worker with HCPC
- Have an understanding of working in the Voluntary sector.
- Minimum of 1 year qualified social work experience.
- Social work experience with at least 2 client groups including adults.
- Excellent interpersonal, assessment & advocacy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of chairing, planning, organising meetings. Minute taking.
- Problem solving ability.
- Passion for learning & professional development.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Basic IT competence – Word/Excel/Client databases.
- Commitment to upholding Social Work values, equal opportunities and anti-discrimination.
- Minimum 1 year local authority social work experience (Desirable)
- An understanding of Voluntary sector organisations. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant adult care legislation including MH Act, Housing Law, Communit
y Care etc. (Desirable)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm including 1 hour lunch break. Very occasional out of hours work.
Closing date: 9am Monday 4th December 2017
Interviews: Provisional interview dates 11th and 12th December 2017.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, if you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Social Worker click ‘Apply’ now!