Design and Quality Manager
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Design and Quality Manager to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £54,000 - £57,000 per annum.
Peabody and Family Mosaic have merged, creating a new housing association providing 55,000 homes to 111,000 people across London and the South East. Our combined scale and strong focus on London will uniquely position us to revolutionise housing delivery and redefine best practice – and you will be central to making it happen.
The Design and Quality Manager shall work with the Senior Design and Quality Manager to deliver core services to Peabody’s Development Team. They will be required to promote Peabody’s programme of producing well designed sustainable new homes, provide practical advice from experience of building practice and feedback gained from our tenants and consultants.
Duties of theDesign and Quality Manager:
- Provide advice to New Business and New Business (Regeneration & Partnerships) Teams at Pre Contract/Planning Stage
- Deliver and help manage a Design Review Programme to ensure that all schemes are reviewed at all key stages.
- Reviews to include assessment of compliance, optimising design proposal to achieve Peabody’s design guide standards, and improve efficiency, quality, reduce defects and address housing management issues.
- Assist the Development and Sales Team on specification and the choice of fixtures and fittings and finishes to optimise performance and marketability.
- Be an advocate for encouraging good design and architecture to promote the development of exemplar buildings that inspire and delight.
- Participate in regular reviews of the Peabody’s Design Guide and help establish future design aspirations and standards.
- Assist in consultation with internal and external stakeholders including compliance with changing GLA/HCA funding requirements and other published standards and regulations.
- Contribute to regular review of Peabody’s standard Employer’s Requirements. Ensure that there is consistency between the Employer’s Requirements and the Design Guide requirements.
- Manage a programme of post occupation scheme reviews, assist the New Homes team in designing surveys for residents’ satisfaction to evaluate the success of development projects in meeting our objectives.
- Publish reports, action points lessons learned as feedback to improve future projects. Ensure lessons learned are fed into Peabody’s ERs, Design Guide and Procedure.
- Contribute to the performance review of consultants and contractors.
- Contribute to the process that informs residents all they need to know about their new home and how to operate it efficiently.
- Contribute to the development of Peabody’s procedures and processes.
- Keep abreast of industry procurement options and construction methods, promoting the use of tested and proven systems that would have beneficial impact in overall value for money terms to the organisation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of information systems that support the work of the department.
- Contribute to the work of the Asset Management, as directed by the Head of Design, Quality & New Homes. Deputise for the Senior Design and Quality Manager and assist when required on other programmes of work. Lead and manage staff on specific projects as directed.
Experience & Skills required by the ideal
Design and Quality Manager:
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, ARB or equivalent
Closing date & time: 3rd November 2017- 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Design and Quality Manager please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified.