Business Analyst (Trainee)
Role: Business Analyst (Trainee)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst (Trainee) to join the Corporate Finance team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Kronospan comprises several groups of industrial companies whose primary function is the manufacture and distribution of wood-based panels. Today Kronospan operates more than 40 wood-based panel manufacturing sites, represented in over 30 countries. We employ over 14,000 people worldwide, of which 650 employees are based at our site in Chirk, UK.
The successful Business Analyst (Trainee) will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance team in project related work (acquisitions, mergers and new investments), preparing reports and presentations for our customers, suppliers and government bodies. The candidate will also get involved in analysing financial statements, monitoring and reporting on the wood-based panel industry and internal routine reporting.
It is an exciting role for an individual with an exceptional eye for detail who would like to work for the industry leader, in a dynamic and fast paced environment and enjoys the challenge of working efficiently to tight deadlines.
Our team has raised around €1 billion in new debt funding to support our worldwide business during the past 3 years and have further plans to expand globally. You will be working as part of a small, specialist team and the type of work we do is usually the reserve of teams in London, Manchester and Birmingham. This is a truly unique opportunity to gain real Corporate Finance experience in a multi-billion Euro business in North East Wales.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Business Analyst (Trainee)
- Committed to pursuing an accountancy qualification (initially AAT and then CIMA in the longer term) and a long-term career in Corporate Finance.
- The ability to develop and grow with experience and support.
- Presentation skills (Microsoft PowerPoint and Word) are vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to a high standard (functions, pivot tables etc.)
- Ability to articulate oneself clearly and confidently.
- Highly self-motivated and challenges information received.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Report writing skills; and
- Finance, accountancy or business knowledge / work experience would be advantageous.
Business Analyst (Trainee) Academic Requirements
The successful individual will ideally hold the following:
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades A* to B (including Mathematics, English and Science) or equivalent obtained in one sitting.
- A minimum of three A2 levels at grades A* to C (excluding General Studies and Welsh Baccalaureate); and
- Higher level education (i.e. degree) is advantageous but not essential for this position.
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Business Analyst (Trainee) please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.