New opportunity not to be missed!Cotteswold Dairy has an exciting opportunity for a Production Operative to join the growing team based in Tewkesbury. Joining us on a full time permanent basis working an average of 48 hours per week, 5 days over 7, you will receive a competitive salary with benefits.
Cotteswold Dairy is an independent, third generation, family-run business which was founded in 1938. We work directly with locally, contracted farmers and produce a variety of dairy products which are delivered to wholesalers, retailers and direct to the doorstep through our own fleet of drivers.
Cotteswold Dairy is an award winning business, priding ourselves on offering real service to the customer and high quality products.
We are currently looking for Production Operatives. If you think you have the skills and experience for this role then we would like to hear from you.
The Production Operative Role
Reporting to the team leaders/supervisor’s, the main roles and responsibilities for this role include:
- To operate various filling machines producing units of packed milk or cream.
- When necessary, pack finished products on the end of the line ready to send through to distribution.
- To ensure a high standard of quality is maintained throughout the production process, including making sure all poly bottles are packed in a good condition and all faulty products are removed.
- To assist with the cleaning of all equipment and the work environment to maintain the highest standards of hygiene.
- To be hands on in setting up and preparing machinery in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure team leaders and supervisors are made aware of any problems or errors and that appropriate action is taken immediately.
- To ensure that work activities are carried out in a safe manner protecting both your own and your colleague’s health and safety.
- To report to a team leader or supervisor before leaving work at the end of your shift.
- To work in a flexible and organised manner and be prepared to complete any other duties as reasonably requested by your team leader or supervisor.
EssentialProduction Operative Requirements
- Have an eye for detail to ensure accuracy and precision.
- Possess a good level of numeracy skills.
- Positive attitude possessing high levels of commitment and motivation.
- Ability to work flexibility on varying shift patterns and work to tight deadlines.
- A strong communicator able to work well in a team.
- The ability to work on fast moving production lines.
Desirable Production Operative Requirements
- Experience of working in the dairy or similar food production sector.
- Knowledge of food production and food hygiene and associated procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP and technical awareness.
We are committed to training and giving you the skills and abilities to carry out your role, providing progression and opportunities, allowing you to build a long term relationship with the Company.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Cotteswold Dairy is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Production Operative – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading independent, family-owned dairies.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.