Senior Internal Auditor
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our team in Enbrook, Folkestone. You will join us on a full time,fixed term basis of 12 months and will receive a competitive salary.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
In this role you will manage and deliver audits and other assurance work across a variety of businesses, to support delivery of the annual audit plan and provide a sound opinion to the business on the effectiveness of the internal control system.
Key responsibilities as our Senior Internal Auditor:
- Delivering individual audit assignments, end to end, working with a high degree of autonomy. Audit delivery will include:
- Developing a good knowledge of the audit area under review
- Identifying the key risks and controls
- Designing and executing appropriate testing strategies to provide a robust opinion on the design and operating effectiveness of the controls
- Agreeing pragmatic management actions for reportable issues
- Drafting audit issues, full audit reports and other documentation to a high standard
- Using knowledge of the business and risk to ensure that the significant issues are identified, and reported with authority and credibility
- Some national and international travel
Other duties as our Senior Internal Auditor will include;
- Completing “Issues Assurance” work to validate the effectiveness of the actions taken by management, to address audit issues and to mitigate risk to an acceptable level
- Adherence to the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and in-house methodology
- Building and managing relationships with business management
- Working with and assisting in the development of more junior members of the team
- Self identifying training needs to ensure knowledge of external audit standards is up-to-date and develop soft skills, such as relationship building as well as technical or industry knowledge
Experience and skills required of our Senior Internal Auditor:
- Educated to degree level (desirable) and a good level of secondary education (necessary)
- Professional qualifications that may be suitable for the role include – PIIA, MIIA, ACA, other accountancy or risk qualifications, or relevant experience
- An ability to manage a portfolio of work, and to balance the demands of maintaining high quality work and delivering to deadlines
- An individual who can hold their own when closing out audit findings with Senior Management
- Someone who clearly understands the concepts of risk, controls and materiality
- An individual with a background in auditing (or a role with similar intellectual demands and principles – e.g. use of analysis, logic and sound judgement), or has worked within an FCA regulated business
- An individual who has shown through their past work experience that they have the aptitude and commitment to progress with an organisation – e.g. evidence of promotion and progression
- Someone who has excellent listening skills and is able to use these skills effectively to build strong relationships across the business
- A great communicator
- Someone who quickly gets to grips with understanding new businesses, process or products. Able to logically analyse and assess these
So if you would like to join our team as our Senior Internal Auditor then please
click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!