We have opportunities for a number of Administrative Assistants to join the team based in Wilmslow. We have both full time and part time working patterns available and you will receive a salary of £17,758 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is an independent public body; we uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. We educate organisations, promote good practice and are involved with important issues from intrusive technology, nuisance calls/texts to the increasing use of Big Data, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Our work has never been so important as the UK implements the General Data Protection Regulation, e-Privacy Regulation and Law Enforcement Directive.
As an Administrative Assistant you will support teams in our Policy, Assurance, Customer Contact, Communications and Private Office areas of the ICO. All roles will involve administrative work with opportunities for further development including more involvement in information rights work.
Candidates will be able to express a preference for the area of the organisation they initially wish to work in.
Why work for ICO? We offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave.
- Civil Service Pension.
- 25 days paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days.
- Extra ‘privilege’ days in addition to normal public holidays.
- Compressed working-hours options.
- Part-time working and job sharing.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Health cash plan.
- Colleague assistance scheme.
- Access to many discounted products and services.
- Welfare and family friendly policies.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing.
- Home working possible (after probationary period).
The Administrative Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to staff and managers.
- Provide good customer service to all parties, managing expectations sensitively and communicating clearly, regularly and at an appropriate level, in writing and over the telephone.
- Perform local record management duties and ensure compliance with retention schedules by weeding records.
- Develop and maintain relationships with any relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Co- ordinate and book travel arrangements and accommodation as required ensuring value for money.
- Monitor, sift and respond where appropriate to e-mails sent to the shared inboxes.
- Maintain relevant management information, spreadsheet and logs as required.
- Minute departmental and team meetings as appropriate.
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or will have work experience demonstrating that level of ability. The role requires a good standard of communication skills for writing letters and meeting notes and for providing clear advice over the telephone. You will work well within a team, have effective organisational skills and the ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Closing date: 16 October 2017
Assessment day: 08 November 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become an Administrative Assistant then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Please NOTE that we do not accept CVs. When appl
ying you may wish to refer to our online guide to completing the application form.
The ICO is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.