Team Leader £20223.00 to £24223.00 pa
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Care, part of the Saga Group for a Team Leader to join our care team based inHertfordshire. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £20,223 to £24,223 per annum.
Saga is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
About the Team Leader role:
In this role you will manage a team of Carers within a defined local Care Team. You will work with Carers to deliver a safe, effective responsive and caring service to our clients within Saga Care at Home encompassing visiting care and live-in care. You will be expected to develop, mentor and supervise a team of carers to provide the highest quality person-centred care.
In doing this you will ensure that the care our clients receive respects their choices, their right to live their life the way they choose and promote their dignity and privacy at all times.
Key responsibilities of the Team Leader:
- Provide advice, training, supervision and other support to Care Workers
- Monitor care workers through spot checks, supervision & general observation and report any concerns to the Registered Manager / Operations Manager
- Carry out supervision and spot-checks of Carers as required
- Schedule of 1-1s with carers
- Monitor the performance of care workers: Provide formal supervision - ensuring that individual work, supervision and training targets are set, monitored and met
- Organise and participate in Monthly Carer Team Meetings
- Support new carers through their induction training
- Support existing Care workers with their on-going training
- You will be responsible for the monitoring and auditing of information regarding staff and clients to ensure compliance at all times
- Assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service and improvement action
- Attend regular 1:1s with Area Manager or RGN
- Participate in the recruitment process for new Carers
- Conduct Assessments for new customers when required, joining nurses on assessments to provide care knowledge and meeting the client initially to be able to confidently advise carers about their new client
- Ensure all written/electronic records regarding delivery of Care are up to date and accurate. Ensure that all new care plans are placed within the Clients home within 48 hours of updated care
- Carry out reviews at the client’s home to make sure the service is being delivered in line with company procedures
- Ensuring all new clients are reviewed two weeks after commencing care
Skills and experience required of our Team Leader:
- Appropriate knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and other legislative and contractual requirements to deliver care to the highest standards
- An understanding of the health and social care sector and the provision of person centred care in the community
- Previous experience in a Domiciliary Care / Social Care setting
- In-depth understanding of how rights, dignity, privacy, respect and choice are important when providing care and support
- Good level of general education
- NVQ 3 or Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Good organisational and planning skills
- The ability to work cooperatively and professionally with colle
agues, clients, carers and all other stakeholders
- The ability to effectively manage your workload and that of others within agreed timescales
- Full, valid driving license and access to a suitable vehicle
So if you would like to join our team as our new Team Leader then please click ‘apply’ today, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!