Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 788 days ago
Job Title: Volunteer & Mentor Coordinator
Salary: £28,406 - £30,611 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 16th December 2012
Please note that due to the Christmas holiday period, successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the New Year with interview details.
An exciting opportunity to work as part of a team to provide a range of recovery focussed interventions. The post will be responsible for sourcing and coordinating volunteers in a range of roles, including Recovery Champions and Peer Mentors. These roles will provide opportunities for development for volunteers and peer mentors whilst maximising community inclusion and involvement.
1. To actively recruit volunteers as Recovery Champions and Peer Mentors.
2. To assess the training and support needs of Recovery Champions and Peer Mentors and facilitate a programme of training
3. To co-ordinate the appropriate matching of volunteer Peer Mentors and Recovery Champions with people wishing to benefit from the scheme
4. To provide support, motivation and supervision of volunteers & peer mentors
5. To actively promote volunteering activities to relevant organisations who work with drug, alcohol homeless and related problems and to individuals who may previously have had a problem with these issues
6. To complete and maintain records and produce reports on the progress of Volunteers and volunteering activities.
7. To monitor and evaluate the success of volunteering activities
8. To keep up to date with good practice in Volunteering and Peer Mentoring, especially in the drug and alcohol field.
9. To act as a member of the wider Partnership team to participate where appropriate in training/presentation events, team meetings and agency days.
10. To work flexibly across the county of Bedfordshire, including weekend and evening work.
11. To actively promote service users and colleagues rights and responsibilities,
and diversity in line with partner policies and procedure
12. Promote choice, well-being and the protection of all individuals.
13. Promote effective communication for and about individuals.
14. To take personal responsibility to keep your knowledge up to date and to reflect on and evaluate your own values in the development of your practice.
15. To be actively aware of possible significant risks in the workplace and know how to identify and deal with appropriately in line with our client and partner policies and procedures.
16. To develop and maintain productive working relationships with your team, managers and other colleagues.
17. To prepare for and participate in regular supervision meetings and seek additional supervision as appropriate.
Please click the APPLY button to register your interest for this role, and then we will send an email to your inbox.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION SENT TO YOUR EMAIL.
(Keywords; Learning Mentor, Learning Tutor, Learning Adviser, Educator, Learning Coach, Education Coach, Teaching Assistant, Teaching Mentor, Education Tutor)