- Contract type
- 854 days ago
PLEASE CLICK ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE LINK TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE. CV'S EMAILED IN WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS APPLICATIONS
At A Glance
Based in Wimbledon
The Sport Division is part of the TUI Travel Group, the world’s leading leisure travel provider operating from 200 brands worldwide and Sport sits within the Specialist & Activity Sector of TUI Travel.
Our unique businesses, operating from many source markets, deliver a fantastic range of products that typically contain an active or experiential element. Our aim is to be a leader in every area in which we operate, to be recognised as the world’s leading provider of experiential travel, and to carry on growing both organically and by acquisition.
TUI Travel has been structured to ensure that we lead the way in offering our customers the leisure travel experiences they want and to leverage the strength of our brands to deliver sustainable profitable growth and shareholder value.
The Sport division is a portfolio of specialist sport tour operators, hospitality providers and sponsor activation experts. It operates globally and has a number of exclusive licence agreements and appointments with some of the key sporting bodies globally including the ICC, UEFA, the FA, NBA, NFL, ARU and NZRU.
What You'll Be Doing
The Client Services Executive is responsible for supporting the Client Services Managers in implementing operations for TUI Travel Sport brands – Thomson Sport, Sport Abroad, Gullivers Sports Travel, Emirates Live and ICC.
The role requires self-motivation, intense attention to detail alongside strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage various events at the same time. In conjunction with excellent time management skills the role requires the successful applicant to demonstrate clear operational knowledge and an understanding of how group tours work.
Their aim is to work closely with the Sales and Product team to ensure timely entry of packages sold into the booking system (TravelStudio) as well as providing administrative support to the Client Services team on the delivery of the range of products designed and sold by the product and sales team, both group and adhoc bookings, and ensure customers are communicated with at regular intervals to ensure a great experience and exceptional after sale customer service.
This role provides the candidate with an ideal opportunity to work at the heart of sports travel and tourism, to work closely within a team and directly affect the customer perception of the brands.
Responsibilities and objectives include the following:
• Monitoring day to day sales and provide regular updates to relevant Client Services manager.
• Working closely with the sales team. Manage data entry into booking system (TravelStudio) – ensuring customer data is processed and updated regularly
• Planning and coordinating the sending of comprehensive client travel documentation on booking and before travel including booking confirmation, pre-departure packs, develop itineraries, etc.
• Assist with generating rooming lists, transfer schedules, flight manifests and other relevant documentation required
• Providing suppliers with accurate and timely updates and ensure final changes are managed and communicated
• Representing the brands as tour manager in location as requested
What We're Looking For
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Event Management and/or Tour Operating
• Applicants must have the ability to manage their workload effectively, demonstrate flexibility and commitment and have the ability to act on their own initiative
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to agreed and often tight deadlines
• Organisational and interpersonal skills, confidence, ambition, pace and self-motivation
• Good command of written English.
• Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong customer and service focus
• Strong team player as well as ability to work on own
• Flexibility to work across the department as and when the needs of the business dictate – may involve evenings and weekends especially during peak times.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications is required, Travelstudio is an advantage
• Willingness to travel overseas as and when required
• Passion for sport
What We Can Offer
• Competitive salary
• Holiday entitlement of 25 days increasing with service to 28 days
• Holiday concession purchase
• Affinity reward scheme – online discounts on products & services
• Late seat and accommodation offers
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• In-flight discount of 20%
• Foreign exchange discount at TUI retail outlets
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities