Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 756 days ago
Are you a natural born organiser? Are you a people person? Do you have a background in events or entertainment? Have you worked overseas or in the tourism industry? Then you could be a perfect event coordinator to join one of 37 beautiful Thomson Couples hotels across Europe and beyond for summer 2013.
Thomson Couples hotels are a range of 4 and 5T Adult Exclusive hotels, all 100% child free and aimed at the 35+ age group. The events programme will be classy, subtle and opt-in. Daytimes will feature options such as wellbeing activities, afternoon parties, resort walks and learning experiences. Evenings are all about great live music, classy themed events, and visiting professional artists.
What you’ll be doing
Put simply, you will be the face of (and the brains behind) the full event programme that is offered. You will be responsible for:
• Delivering the Thomson Couples Event programme to fit your individual hotel and customer profile.
• Planning, coordinating and leading all events.
• Liaising with hotel heads of department.
• Being the recognisable, friendly face of events and experiences in and around the hotel.
• Socialising and keeping guests informed of the various events going on.
• Implementing ideas for promotion of events.
• Planning and leading various daytime events such as Wellbeing classes, Sporting Events and BBQ’S on the beach.
• Planning and leading various evening events such as Themed nights.
• Developing a thorough knowledge of the local area, to advise on and lead various events outside the hotel.
• Planning and attending customer welcome and departure events .
• Managing resident musicians on a day to day basis.
• Liaising with visiting acts and hotel entertainment staff.
• Opportunities to utilise your own performance skills if applicable.
What we’re looking for
Ideally you will have experience in the events or entertainment industry, with proven management experience and strong communication skills. You’ll be exceptional when it comes to customer relations, organisation and time management. You’ll have creative flair, plenty of initiative, an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to organise and motivate people around you.
Strong vocal ability or skills in another performance field are desirable but not essential.
What we can offer you
• 6 month contract 1 May – 31st October 2013
• Competitive salary
• Residential UK training course – March 2013
• Excellent UK communication and support throughout contract
• Potential future winter contracts or opportunities elsewhere in the company
Please Note: All applicants must have a UK/EU passport, UK residential address, a permanent UK National Insurance number and a UK bank account.