Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 821 days ago
Are you a keen gamer?
Are you passionate about language?
Are you verbal and literate in English and Spanish?
Do you want a fun and relaxed working environment?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then e4e wants to hear from you!
Have you ever played a game and been frustrated by poor or incomplete translation, supposed jokes, cultural references that were out of place? Well this is your chance to a made real difference in making games more suitable for their target audiences. We want you to bring your passion for both games and language. Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS and various mobile phones.
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other language errors
- Identifying cultural issues
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements
- Ad hoc translation
- Native level fluency in Spanish
- Strong English language skills
- Strong cultural understanding of English and the language you are applying for
- Enthusiastic gamer experience of at least one current platform
- Great team worker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Previous experience, particularly in console submission processes will be a distinct advantage, but isnt essential
- As we operate on a project by project basis, this role is offered on a casual basis
- Up to 40 hours per week, mainly Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm or 5:30pm to 2am but flexibility is required
- Overtime pay at time and a half
- Pro-rated holidays
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter using to email@example.com. Make sure you include the following details or we wont be able to assess your application:
- Language you are applying for
- Details of your gaming and language experience
- Details of your right to work in the UK
- Details of any days/times youre not available to work
It would also be helpful if you are local to Glasgow or within commutable distance to our Glasgow site, as no relocation packages are available.