- Contract type
- 909 days ago
Sales Advisor - Southampton
4 month temporary contract START ASAP
At A Glance
This is an important role in our team and offers a varied and challenging opportunity to develop in the travel industry. The role involves working as part of the call centre sales team to drive sales across the busy winter season and maximise sales opportunities.
A knowledge and passion for skiing / snowboarding is essential as is an excellent telephone manner.
What You'll Be Doing
• Report to Sales Team Leader in respect to sales performance
Sales elements: to be involved and assist with
• Take incoming call and assist customers in choosing and booking holidays.
• To work to targets to ensure maximum sales revenue and margins.
• Administration related to customers holidays.
• Use internal computer packages to make reservations, administer bookings/queries, make amendments, or reply to customer correspondence
• Action/complete all administration using internal pc system including client accounts, ticketing and post travel feedback.
• Escalate to all relevant areas, key issues in line with company procedures
• Minimise losses to the Company through due diligence
• To deal with clients who request customer service assistance, processing complaints.
• Assist with manning of Company out of hours ‘on call’ rota as required to assist customers on departure
• Represent company at key marketing events e.g. ski shows
• Process all administration within Company, Insurers and ABTA guidelines and timescales
Key Skills and attributes
• You will be completely comfortable selling over the telephone and be genuinely motivated by the sales process.
• You will be enthusiastic and self motivated with a desire to learn and take responsibility, definitely a can do attitude, whilst understanding how to prioritise.
• Excellent computer skills and web familiarity
• Ability to prioritize and recognise limitations of capacity to achieve deadlines
• Highly accurate with an eye for detail and excellent English
• Self organised.
• Enjoy working under pressure and being part of a team.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to speak French would be advantageous.
• Our opening hours are 830am-7.30pm Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm 1 in 3 Saturday’s.
• Shifts will be allocated on a rota basis in advance
• The contract is designed on Annualised Hours
• Flexibility with working hours is essential