Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 692 days ago
We are looking for an experienced creative and production pattern cutter, who will also manage our sampling team of pattern cutters, machinists and sample cutters for a busy womenswear high street supplier. You must have at least 5 years experience of flat pattern cutting and knowledge of ladies Soft separates, jersey and woven’s is essential. You will be responsible for creating patterns from sketch, liaising closely with designers and machinists and following through to Production. Manager responsibilities will be maintaining the critical path and team so strict deadlines are kept. You must be flexible, reliable and accustomed to working towards tight deadlines.
• Attend Critical path meetings to maintain deadlines
• Oversee and allocate work to sampling team.
• Responsible for developing new patterns.
• Liaise with designers and machinists.
• Advise on garment construction.
• Good technical knowledge of garment construction and how to produce the garment cost effectively.
• Be able to produce accurate and clear work.
• Attend fit meetings.
• Make amendments to patterns according to customer requirements and specs.
• Measure garments to spec.
• Use Vetigraph to digitise, grading, check grades, markers.
• Liaise with garment tech and Factories on and offshore.
• Production Quality Control
• Proven track record as a Pattern Cutter with UK high street experience.
• Experienced in womens soft separates and occasionwear.
• Team player with strong managing and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills with sound knowledge of the critical path.
Salary negotiable on experience, appoximately £30k per annum.
NB. Only successful applicants will be notified, closing date for applicants is the 28th December 2012.