Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 747 days ago
Coexist - Reception host
Start Date: Monday 7th January 2013
Organisation: Coexist Community Interest Company
Days per week: Monday 9am- 1pm and Saturday 9am – 5pm (fixed hours). The remaining 12 hours will be agreed using a weekly rota system with the Front of house team. Shifts are variable and you will be expected to work some unsociable hours in coordination with your line manager. Additional overtime hours are available from 9pm on a week-day, from 6pm on a Saturday or any Sunday hours.
Hours: 24 hours per week
Wage: £7.20 per hr.
Line Manager: Bex Baxter – Managing Director
Application: We especially welcome 18-24 who are out of work and fulfil the Remploy criteria. CV and cover letter deadline – Monday 17th Dec @12pm (noon).
Interview date: Thursday 20th December 2012
The primary purpose for all that work at Coexist is to uphold the Core purpose of Coexist:
‘To create space that best provides for the community.’
You are responsible for the reliable opening and closing of reception and represent the face of Coexist to all building users. You will achieve this by creating an efficient, professional, friendly first impression, handling all enquiries from the general public, tenants of the building and event hosts with an open hearted, solution focussed approach at all times. You will ensure the front of house team is consistently using up to date, accurate information that reflects the approach, ethos and vision of Coexistence in all conversations and interactions as well as representing this clearly in the foyer and reception areas. You will develop the current communication systems where necessary to better enable the building users to access information quickly and easily. Through this method you will provide an active promotional service to the project and all its departments, supporting the project to reach its social and financial targets.
- Working in partnership with the Events team, you will look after events hosts by responding quickly and calmly to their arising needs. You will support the participants to access rooms and assist with the basic setup, and breakdown of events, as and when needed. This may include preparing or replenishing tea and refreshments, positioning chairs and tables and clearing down the space ready for the next event.
- Working closely with the front of house team, you will help recruit and manage volunteers. You will actively train up volunteers on each shift to help them swiftly learn all the systems that support the efficient running of the front of house service. You will also develop exciting educational opportunities that will support their personal development plan.
- You will support the tight management of all security systems on reception by monitoring the main access door based at reception. You will link all visitors to tenants or staff members, making sure they sign in and are escorted around the building directly by the person they are visiting. You will courteously question where necessary people who have no access card or code.
- You will maintain the daily presentation of all the public and events spaces. This includes regular checks on all loos, bins and kitchenettes, clearing and tidying the front terrace, information points, flyers and noticeboards and hovering stairs, lifts and foyer when necessary.
- On a daily basis you will ensure the accurate management of all Front of House systems, including internal post and lost property. You will also handle cash payments for rent, hire of space, keys and access cards. You will be expected to use your initiative and devise new innovative solutions to improve administrative systems where necessary.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- You will trouble shoot day-to-day activity as it arises, providing swift, clear documentation and reporting of any incidents. You will take a full and active role in the event of a fire evacuation making sure walkie talkies are charged, there is a replenished first aid kit and the accident book is always on hand. You will train as a first aid representative for the building. Adhere to the Coexist Health and Safety manual.
- An enthusiastic, creative, fun and friendly approach to work.
- A clear, open and personable communicator
- Helpful, reliable and responsible.
- Tidy, approachable appearance.
- Solution focussed.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of Coexist.
- Ability to use own initiative and creativity to find powerful solutions.
- Open to in-house training and developmental opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- IT literate. Competent user of Microsoft Office programs. Experience of drop box and Gmail desirable.
- Experience in a customer service environment essential.
- Confident communicator both verbal and written. Great telephone manner necessary.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to remain relaxed and effective in a busy environment.
- Focussed, with good attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to develop good rapport in all relationships.
- Ability to work effectively, individually and as part of a team. Essential.