- Contract type
- 1190 days ago
An R&D engineer is required in the Edinburgh (Scotland) area with strong competences in structures and aerodynamics. Working experience and in-depth knowledge of simulation and design optimisation methods are preferred. Candidates must have good communication skills, be flexible and have a positive attitude.
- Become the primary point of technical contact, both within our technical team and externally with prospective customers/partners.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership
- Ability to project manage multiple activities/tasks at the same time
- Ability to write detailed technical reports in English
- Ability to assess the technical feasibility of new projects and development activities (e.g. new or improved products)
- Active participation in the preparation of project proposals, including being capable to review/set project specifications, time schedules and milestones
- Ability to operate by using the software language FORTRAN
- Carry out aerodynamic and structural analysis using the SMAR Azure internal technology.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural, Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of three years of working experience or an equivalent combination of education and working experience
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must have experience in project management
- Basic knowledge of software development languages C++/Windows
- Good knowledge on Fortran
- Experience in conducting aerodynamics, structural and aeroelastic analysis
- Must be able to interact with and gather technical project requirements from prospective customers
- Must be an independent thinker and team player
- Must be fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills