Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 724 days ago
Job Description: Operations Assistant
Working Hours: Generally you will be required to work 20 hours per week between Monday and Friday. You will need to be flexible with the days required and during the expedition season (March – October) you may be required to work at weekends
Salary: £8,400 per annum (£15,750 pro rata)
Benefits: 16 days annual leave, discount programme for purchasing outdoor kit, opportunities to attend staff training and shadow expedition programmes to gain instructor experience.
Job purpose: To assist the operations manager with the planning and delivery of expedition programmes. To assist with all other aspects of the business.
Overview: This is a varied role with responsibilities across the business so you will need to be very organised and have excellent attention to detail. You need to be flexible, hardworking and able to adapt quickly to new tasks. A to Z Expeditions is a small but growing business, as part of a small team you will be involved in all aspects of running the business, this will also include mucking in and getting your hands with jobs like scrubbing trangia stoves.
You will work closely with and report to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
Training / Expedition preparation
• Print all handouts and training material for training days and expeditions
• Print information for expeditions – participant lists etc
• Pack, and reset kit
• Create pre-expedition material for schools and individuals
• Collate information from consent forms
• Repair and maintain current stock of kit
• Ensure we have sufficient kit for planned expeditions
• Implement systems for kit return and reporting of damaged kit.
• Assist with collection, delivery and return of kit
• Research areas, campsites, start and finish points
• Book campsites
• Maintain a database of instructors contact details and qualifications
• Keep the office area clean and tidy
• Carry out any repairs and maintenance as necessary
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Good typing speed with high level of accuracy in data entry
• Good knowledge of Word and Excel
• Excellent organisational skills – attention to detail is important.
• Full Driving Licence
• Knowledge of DofE
• Interest in outdoor activities
As you will be handling sensitive personal information you will be required to undergo an enhanced criminal records bureau check.
A to Z Expeditions is an equal opportunities employer. Please ask if you would like to see a copy of our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders.
Enquiries and exploratory visits by appointment are welcomed – please contact James McLean for further information.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications is 30th December 2012
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview in January.
Please note A to Z Expeditions is unable to reimburse interview expenses.