- Contract type
- 999 days ago
The Distilled team in London Bridge is looking to hire a bright and enthusiastic Online PR Intern. If you are looking for an opportunity to enhance your online PR, Search and Social Media knowledge and experience, then this role presents a great opportunity to further your career!
You will be working with both our creative and PR teams to help research, design and promote excellent online content and press stories. You will get loads of experience of working on B2B and B2C campaigns, covering an array of industries in both the UK and USA.
This is NOT a make the coffee and do the photocopying type of internship! You will be hands on with all the campaigns, learning new skills and gaining a greater understanding of a variety of industries every week. You will be learning about SEO from some of the very best in the industry and using internal knowledge and your own creativity to apply it to online PR.
Some experience is preferable but the most important thing is that you are a fast and enthusiastic learner as you will have to be able to carve your own role quickly. We will teach you about SEO, online PR techniques, how to use media databases such as Gorkana and Buzzstream, how to write press materials and how to communicate effectively with the media and bloggers.
We expect to pay a salary of around £18,000 pro rata for the fixed term of three months. The working hours are 10am-6pm, however we are willing to be flexible.
This is initially a temporary position, however if you excel then there is every possibility well make it a full-time role.
What youll be doing:
- Helping research and build stories and guiding the creative team on visual to go with these
- Support in drafting public relations materials including news releases, F&Q sheets, blog posts fact sheets and other materials
- Researching relevant publications and story placement opportunities
- Selling client stories to authoritative and trusted online publications and bloggers, by email and phone and follow up when necessary
- Assisting with the updating and development of media lists and other databases
- Tracking coverage and reporting metrics
- Optimising press releases for wire syndications
We are looking for someone educated to degree or equivalent, ideally in a relevant field such as journalism, communications, marketing, media, public relations or business.