Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 1016 days ago
What are we?
- Were an e-commerce startup based in central London, focusing on the mens fashion space. We are aiming to bring a very successful model from abroad to Europe. We have spent the past months understanding the business model and adapting it to Europe. We are currently running our closed beta, as you can see at www.smithfieldcase.com
- We have closed a significant funding round and are backed by leaders in the ecommerce and fashion industries.
What we are not?
- Were not a group buying clone, or an e-commerce store selling mobile phones.
- We are not just an idea on paper, but a well funded startup looking for someone to lead the product development.
What will you be doing?
- Our prototype has been outsourced to a London based agency, and we are looking for someone to come in at this stage and take full ownership of the direction of technology and also the product. We are looking for a PHP developer with excellent skills within the LAMP environment.
What skills do you need?
* Must Have:
- 2-3 years of website development using PHP 5x
- 3 years working within the LAMP environment
- 2-3 years MySQL: Database design, Query optimization, SQL expertise including joins, Views/triggers part of vocabulary
- PHP Frameworks: Any experience with (no particular order): ZEND, Cake, YII, Symphony
- MVC coding convention experience
- OO Background
- API integration: Social (Facebook, Twitter)
- Any experience with referral / rewards systems on websites e.g introduce a friend, member get member
- CMS development
- Project/Source Management: Git/SVN, Assembla/Pivotal (Any Agile tools), backups such as Amazon S3, Zmanda
- Sense of humor
- Organized and a practical / can-do attitude
* Nice to have:
- API Integration: Logistics provider (e.g. Amazon, Shutl), Payment (e.g Paypal, SagePay)
- Tracking of marketing campaigns: Google analytics, Kissmetrics
- Newsletter software: Mailchimp API
- HTML/CSS experience, basic bug fixing and handle on design, or experience in using Photoshop
- Running your own blog
* Bonus Points:
- Development of E-commerce store
- Contributions to open source community
- Coding web scraping tools
- MySQL in a clustered environment
- Stress testing of websites
- Worked in a startup environment before, even on your own project
What we offer?
- Based on experience we can offer between £35-50k p.a.
- Opportunity to step up and take the role of CTO
- Ability to shape the product and hence the business itself
- Working in a flexible environment, flat structure, and becoming a key decision maker
- Central London location (we are in EC1)
- Position starts in Feb/Mar12
- We will be reviewing all our candidates applications during Jan12/early Feb'12