- Contract type
- 1008 days ago
Due to an increase in workload, we are looking to recruit a general labourer. The job is physically very demanding as it will involve heavy manual labour. Employment will be on a temporary basis initially, but if the person appointed proves successful, we will be happy to consider making the situation permanent.
To give you an idea, the work will involve:
* digging holes, and general groundwork, wheel-barrowing and loading waste onto vehicles etc.
* care, maintenance and control of tools and equipment on contracts
* mixing concrete etc .and assisting the main person in the planning and execution of the job. We need someone who once familiar with the work, can anticipate the requirements at different stages of the work (e.g. be aware of when the concrete will be needed....which tools are going to be required as and when etc.)
* General labouring for both tree surgery and fencing installations.
You will need to be:
* Eligible to work in the UK. and live within the Cardiff area.
* Physically fit enough to carry out manual labouring work.
* The holder of a clean full uk driving license. (We will need to see your driving license).You do not have to have your own transport, but will need to be able to get to North Cardiff by 7.30 a.m .We cannot make exceptions to this unfortunately.
* Prepared to commit to learning the skills of the trade with a view to taking on more responsibility when skilled. We may require you to undertake further training as and when. You will be required to undertake a First Aid Course. (1 day course in a local venue).
* Reliable and prepared to commit to the work ethic that we achieve.
* Able to take instruction and work strictly to Health & Safety guidelines, but also to show a degree of common sense and initiative.
* Honest, polite and professional. We deal extensively with both Domestic and Commercial contracts and pride ourselves on excellent customer service standards.
* Clean and presentable in your appearance.
Labouring experience is desirable.
In addition, we would need you to be able to start work by 7.30 a.m., be punctual and reliable. Your role within our operation would be vital to the working day, so we would require you to be committed to your attendance and work.
Normal working day would be 7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. but this may vary from day to day. Some days you will finish earlier than this, some days later, according to the job on that day. With this in mind, we require somebody who is flexible and does not have specific daily commitments that would mean that they have to start/finish at rigid times. Also, if a job needs to be completed, there may be occasions where weekend working is needed.
We offer minimum wage to start but are prepared to look at this again after successful completion of the first months work, if the person shows commitment to the job. Successful applicant will need to have (or be prepared to open) a Bank Account as wages are paid by transfer, on a monthly basis.
You need to have a realistic approach to work. On a sunny day... the job can be fantastic-you get to spend your days mostly in different locations in and around Cardiff, working in the open air.... on a cold rainy day.... the job still needs to be done, so we require somebody who is prepared for the rough with the smooth.
We are looking for someone to start immediately, so if the above is of interest to you, please e-mail me the following details :
1. Full NAME and contact TELEPHONE NUMBER.
2. Brief paragraph about yourself. (To include your age, area, and any work experience that you have that may be relevant to this vacancy).
I will contact you to acknowledge your email. (We are looking for someone to start asap, so this is likely to be within the next couple of days).
Thank you for your interest.