- Contract type
- 612 days ago
This is not an immediate paid position but has potential to offer a contract for self employment.
Do you have time on your hands and have a passion for knitting. We really need your support.
Would you be interested in involving yourself in the making of a brand that brings together the talents and skills of makers in a community as a coherent collection aimed at the top end of the market?
We are looking for experienced knitters to get involved in an exciting social initiative that has the potential to grow into a dynamic new business model with a strong social purpose.
What is required?
• Make samples from a given pattern. Sometimes these are old patterns.
• Wool is given to you. This is luxury wool blends. Postage is paid.
• There is also opportunity to design your own patterns.
Reasons for getting involved:
• Your name will feature on the label.
• You will help to pass down and share skills that may otherwise be lost and forgotten. Conserving our textile heritage is a driving factor.
• Meet other like-minded makers in the local community or globally online.
• The prototype will be used to offer an exclusive made to order service. If you are interested you can get involved in knitting the orders for a fair percentage of commission. Profits made will be reinvested to make the enterprise grow.
• Receive a percentage royally from pattern kits sold. Your name will be featured outlining your talented and creative endeavors.
This initiative has been set up to celebrate and promote the talent that exists and sometimes only seen behind closed doors. Why not come together and shows case these skills as a united brand. Alis Woods is the coordinator and manager. She is a designer and also works in education. Alis will collaborate with you by post, coffee/tea meetings, by phone or by email at a time to suit you.
A zero stress policy underpins our whole ethos and everything we do. Products are made allowing the maker to enjoy making their creations within a time-frame comfortable for them.
We need you to make this grow. Alis look forward to hearing from you. Please send her a message outlining why you would like to get involved and she will get back to you.