- Contract type
- 852 days ago
Appetite Direct is an award winning catering company with a kitchen/deli in Edinburgh's New Town. We pride ourself on providing the highest standards of food, service and delivery of world class events.
Were looking for a talented Function Event Chef to join our kitchen team. You will work closely with our team in the running of outside catering events.
In exchange we offer varied and interesting work, and an opportunity to be part of a small dynamic creative team. This is a great opportunity for the right person to make their mark within the events industry in Scotland.
Due to the nature of our business we need chefs on an Ad Hoc basis.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual with great attention to detail
- A good grounding in classic cooking skills
- Trained to elementary food hygiene certificate level.
- Experience in working food hygiene systems such as, Allsafe or Cooksafe
- Ability to deal with a large number of events and menus
- A passion for food and willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Clean driving license (preferred but not essential)
- Own whites and knives
If you are interested, please submit your CV with a brief cover letter detailing your availability.