- Contract type
- 767 days ago
Room to spare?
Become a foster carer
Foster carers offer a safe and stable family home for children and young people who are unable to live with their own families.
We’re looking for people right across Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire particularly in the areas of Hull, Bradford, Halifax, Leeds, Wakefield, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Doncaster, Rotherham, Mansfield, Chesterfield and Derby who can provide a safe, caring and supportive environment for children and young people. Our foster carers come from all types of backgrounds and we welcome carers of any age, race, sexual orientation, income and homeownership status. If you have a spare bedroom, can commit to fostering full-time and are over 21 we’d love to talk to you.
We’re the nation’s largest local fostering agency and with over 60 offices situated across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, we’re always local to you.
Our localised support means we’re here when you need us – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your support network includes:
• A competitive package that recognises your skills and commitment as a carer, with fees and allowances from £320 per week, per child
• A comprehensive foster carer training programme (including access to a Level 3 NVQ in Caring for Children and Young People)
• Regular support group meetings with other foster carers
• 24/7 out-of-hours support helpline
• Paid respite
• Regular visits and phone contact from a dedicated and qualified social worker
We’d love to talk to you…
To find out more, speak to one of our dedicated fostering advisors, please call us on 0800 023 4561 and please mention that you saw the listing on Gumtree.
Alternatively, please visit our website by clicking on the above button.