Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 834 days ago
ITC are a successful IT services company, specialising in helping small businesses getting the most out of their computers. We provide and install computer hardware and software, and are heavily involved in the Internet with website and email hosting, domain names, and other associated services, but our core focus above all else is providing great support to our clients to ensure that they can keep working at all times.
As a growing company we are looking for an excellent experienced Server Administrator to join our great team.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Providing first and second level support to clients, both on-site when needed and off-site via telephone, email, and remote access software.
- Monitoring and carrying out routine server maintenance of company and client systems.
- Planning and executing installation and configuration of new systems & networking equipment and migration of users and data to new platforms.
- Assisting technical and non-technical colleagues with guidance to help them carry out their roles.
- Creating technical documents detailing system configuration, procedures, and logging work carried out.
The role is expected to evolve over time and provides an excellent opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic person to develop their own niche within the organisation. As a key member of our small team you can make a big difference to our company and our clients.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 configuration and support experience (MCDST / MCTS or above preferred)
- Windows Server Deployment & Administration including Small Business Server (MCSE/MCSA/MCITP preferred)
- Strong network skills including security & troubleshooting
- Experience administering Mailservers POP3/IMAP/SMTP/Exchange
- A good understanding of web protocols including http, https, ftp, ssh, rdp, dns
Experience with any of the following is also desirable:
- Linux Operating Systems
- Cloud Computing inc Office 365 and Google Apps
- Virtualisation Platforms (specifically Citrix / VMware)
- Connectivity including ADSL, FTTC/FTTP, leased lines
- VoIP & Telephony
The successful applicant will be positive, motivated, energetic and enthusiastic, keen to learn and be successful in all they do and with the ability to build and foster relationships with other people.
Attitude is more important than qualifications and experience, but good communication skills including exceptional spoken and written English, strong organisation and attention to detail are essential.
This position will involve visiting multiple client sites, so it is essential that candidates have a full, preferably clean, UK driving license.
The salary offered for this role will start at £18,000 to £24,000 depending upon experience.
Please e-mail CV including contact telephone number in the first instance.
Closing date for applications: Friday August 3rd 2012