Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- Contract type
- 1102 days ago
Oxfams Emergency Response Fundraising Coordinators are motivated individuals who organise and oversee fundraising in response to an emergency appeal. This fundraising is likely to focus on street/supermarket/station collections as well as other types of fundraising events. You will be responsible for making preparatory arrangements for these fundraising activities as well as coordinating a group of volunteers for the day. Finally, the Oxfam regional team will be on hand to offer training, help and advice every step of the way.
We are looking for a responsible, well organised individual capable of coordinating fundraising activities. They should also be able to proactively recruit and manage a team of volunteers and have excellent networking skills. Motivation and lots of enthusiasm are vital. And good interpersonal skills and a willingness to ask people to get involved are important too.
- Have a vital role in raising funds to support Oxfams emergency response work.
- Make arrangements will local councils/authorities/organisations for emergency response collections.
- Plan other possible fundraising events/activities as appropriate.
- Organise a group of volunteers on the day of collections/events undertaking proactive recruitment as necessary.
- Encourage people within your local community to support Oxfam.
- Market/publicise events.
- Work within your local community but also as part of the wider Oxfam community.
This is your chance to help change the world and make a real difference to people affected by emergencies.
Oxfam can offer you;
- The unique opportunity to develop existing skills & gain experience in fundraising.
- A chance to learn more about one of the worlds leading charities and to have a voice within Oxfam.
- Enhance your CV
- Have fun and meet new people.
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed where agreed.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS AND IS UNPAID.