- Contract type
- 743 days ago
Contract / Perm Designer - UK employer with offices in SA - New tech start-up - Be part of the revolution!
So here’s the deal… If you’re the most enthusiastic, charming and downright brilliant designer out there or just have the appetite to create a truly great brand and web application user experience, we’ll give you a possibly career-changing job based in our London or Cape Town offices working with a great tech start-up. The immediate focus is a 2-3 month production cycle to create the Minimum-Viable-Product (MVP) web application, and marketing material, but we’re interested in long-term contracts or permanent roles, as we believe in fostering talent and keeping great teams together.
You’ll be working for a start-up set to revolutionise the world of performance management with a game-changing web application. Our team has been delivering digital solutions for over ten years and is part of the Big Ideas Group Ltd, a R260mill turnover collective of technology businesses, currently top 50 in the Sunday Times top 100 best companies to work for in the UK (with an aim to replicate our philosophy and success in SA).
What will you do?
Since this is a new role within the business the list below is constantly evolving. Working with the Chief Design Officer (CDO), you will be responsible for producing responsive web design for the web application, responsive web design for the marketing website, and a range of design requirements for marketing purposes – anything from landing pages to how-to PDF guides, to screencasts and more. And then there are the native apps for smartphones to think about too!
• Deliver front-end design of the web application supported by the CDO
• Deliver front-end design for marketing web and print collateral, supported by the CDO
• Participate in the ongoing development of the user interface and user experience of the app, and smartphone apps, supported by the team
• Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in! We are a small team in a start-up environment so we need a designer who doesn’t mind pitching in with everyone else to do whatever it takes to achieve great things
So, Am I Right for the Job?
If you can tick the boxes below, we really ought to talk…
• 3 years+ of industry standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
• A visually strong portfolio that spans web and print, with a leaning towards web
• A proven ability to work within brand guidelines, and to design brand identities from the outset
• A love of typography and design for the modern web
• Understanding of information architecture, and designing for conversion and sign-up.
• Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 – practical knowledge a bonus!
• Understanding of responsive and interactive web development
• General knowledge of Software-As-A-Service (SaaS), web applications and mobile applications
• The ability to work independently or remotely if required
Package & Logistics
• Access to a big group of further career development opportunities
• Beautiful office base
• A chance to be a critical player in this very fast growing industry sector
To apply please:
• Call BIG Talent – the Big Ideas Group’s talent finders on +44 (0)20 7030 3222