- Contract type
- 1162 days ago
Exciting opportunities have arisen for experienced chefs of all levels to work in a French-style bistro in Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District. We are part of a close-knit family of four restaurants across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, each with their own unique, welcoming atmosphere and positive reputation.
We are looking for a passionate individual capable of helping our Head Chef through the efficient delivery of carefully-sourced, freshly-produced and consistently high-quality food to a restaurant of around 90 covers. You will need to be experienced enough to run the kitchen successfully in the Head Chefs absence. You will also need to be calm under pressure and have a positive attitude to inspire and motivate other members of the kitchen team.
You will be required to work up to 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for the daily operation of the kitchen
- Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring that the kitchen is run safely, in line with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
- Assisting the Head Chef in controlling food stocks, achieving gross profit (%)
- Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring a positive and fun working environment
- Producing cost-effective, interesting, varied and delicious Blackboard Specials
- Ensuring due diligence are updated and maintained to a high standard