Sorry this ad is no longer available.
- 988 days ago
Myself and my partner run a charity, Gifts4Kids Cambodia (Registered Charity: SC042175).
We run a free full-time school in the rural countryside of Trey Gnar commune and have over 400 children attending our free classes each day. As well as this we also run a residential home project which provides a safe home for orphaned or abandoned kids and a community project where we help support up to 100 of the poorest families with free rice, clothing and medication.
We are really looking for some extra help, as we are currently running the project all by ourselves. We spend nearly half the year in Cambodia and we will next be there in March. Before we leave, we are looking to collect as many donations as possible.
1. Childrens books. Our children are really eager to learn English and we're hoping to add a few shelves of books and start a small library for them.
2. Colouring materials, colouring books, pens & pencils, notepads, school textbooks and educational material, arts and crafts.
3. Any toys, board games, teddies, dolls, educational toys.
4. Boys or girls clothes (from 3-15 years) apart from jumpers/coats/jackets which Cambodia is unfortunately too hot for.
5. Any unwanted laptops or PC learning programs.
To be honest, our list of needs is so long, we are happy to take pretty much everything. Any donations that are no use to us, we donate to our local charity shops instead.
We are based in Glasgow City Centre, but also have family in Carnoustie (Angus) and Wallasey (Merseyside), who can collect for us there too. We are willing to collect at a day/time that suits you.
As well as using our maximum luggage allowance, we also regularly ship items over as we receive extremely low rates due to being a charity.
80% of the population in Trey Gnar commune live on less than $1 a day. The children that attend our free school and the children live in our childrens residential house are all from extremely poor backgrounds. I can promise you that anything you give will be going to the very best home.
We are leaving on the 1st March, so please contact us before then if you can help in any way!
THANK YOU! xxxx
Please like us on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gifts4Kids-Cambodia/259089520777240