- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
- 1153 days ago
Once in a lifetime opportunity in the heart of Dartmoor.
* Two bedrooms (one with bath and wash hand basin) * Living room * Kitchen/Dining room * Further WC * Delightful large garden with outbuildings *
SITUATION & DESCRIPTION
Tor View Bungalow is one of those special, moorland properties which rarely come onto the market for sale. Built for a captain of the miners just before the First World War, the property is in a fairly level, sheltered position on the high moor, southerly facing yet with views. Of timber framed construction under a corrugated metal and partly felted roof, Tor View Bungalow is ideally situated for the person or couple wanting the peace and tranquility of the open moor and a vibrant, rural community. It will be difficult to obtain a mortgage on Tor View because of its construction, and this is reflected in its asking price. Similar properties have been granted planning permission by Dartmoor National Park for demolition and reconstruction and any planning application for such work will be looked at by the Authority on its merits.
Tor View features a comfortable living room with attractive stone fireplace, large kitchen with oil fired Rayburn which heats the hot water. Bedroom one has a wash hand basin and bath and could be sub divided into two separate rooms.
Postbridge is a lively community and has a surprising number of facilities considering its remoteness. There is a popular pubic house/restaurant, village shop and buses pass regularly on a daily basis from the top of the lane about 200 yards away. The most beautiful parts of the last wilderness in England are literally on the doorstep. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to buy a freehold home on top of the moor with full residential use and scope for development.
To locate the property from the East Dart pub heading in the direction of Moretonhampstead, proceed out of the village and over the cattle grid. Take the first turning right signposted Widecombe. The drive into Tor View will be found approximately 200 yards along on the right hand side.
WC With white close coupled suite.
LIVING ROOM 15' x 12' (4.57m x 3.66m) With a feature stone fireplace and pine panelled surrounds. Double aspect.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM 15' x 12' (4.57m x 3.66m) This well proportioned room features an oil fired Rayburn which provides the hot water. Stainless steel sink and drainer, double radiator and shelved airing cupboard housing lagged hot water cylinder.
BEDROOM ONE 12' x 12' (3.66m x 3.66m) average. Double aspect with corner wash hand basin and vanity unit and panelled bath. (with some internal sub division this could be turned into a conventional en-suite).
BEDROOM TWO 12' 11' (3.66m 3.35m) average. Double aspect. Corner wash hand basin in vanity unit.
The gardens are quite lovely. South facing, they are fairly level. There is a good area of lawn interspersed with a variety of colourful flowers, shrubs and bushes. The eastern boundary has an attractive, beech shelter belt. The southern boundary has a low hedge above which are delightful, Southerly facing views over the moor. There are a number, of outbuildings in the garden including a summer house and three sheds. A drive leads across the garden of the adjoining property to the public highway.
SERVICES Main electricity is available and was connected at the time of inspection. Private well water and shared septic tank drainage.
NOTE: All reasonable steps and due diligence have been taken in preparing these particulars. If you have any queries as to any of the statements made therein, please contact us before viewing. These particulars do not constitute part of an offer or contract. We are not qualified to test appliances and systems for sale with the property and have not done so. Measurements are to the nearest three inches or one decimal point.
THE PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1991
The Agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or Surveyor. References to the Tenure of a Property are based on information supplied by the Seller. The Agent has not had sight of the title documents. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor. Items shown in photographs are NOT included unless specifically mentioned within the sales particulars. They may however be available by separate negotiation. Buyers must check the availability of any property and make an appointment to view before embarking on any journey to see a property.
Property Advertised by: Copus Woods Ltd, 1 East Street, Ashburton, Newton Abbot, TQ13 7AD
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Princetown County Primary School - Tavistock Road, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 6QE (5.42 miles)
* St Lukes University Of Exeter - Heavitree Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 2LU (19.13 miles)
* Tavistock Library - The Quay, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 8AB (13.60 miles)
* School Of Mathematics & Statistics - Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA (18.66 miles)
* Plymouth College independent co educational day school - Plymouth College Independent co-educational day and boarding school, Plymouth, Plymouth (18.08 miles)
* Caff� Tutto - 57 Torbay Road, Paignton, TQ4 6AJ (18.80 miles)
* Ivor Dewdney Pasties - 99 Cornwall Street, Plymouth, PL1 1NX (18.95 miles)
* Sainsbury's - 23 Armada Way, Plymouth, PL1 1LE (18.46 miles)
* The Boston Tea Party - 84 Queen Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3RP (18.56 miles)
* Asda Stores - Leypark Drive, Plymouth, PL6 8TB (15.61 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* Ring O'Bells - 44 The Square, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8AH (5.88 miles)
* Duchy House - Tavistock Road, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 6QF (5.42 miles)
* Whiddons Tea Room & Cafe - 4-6 High Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8AJ (5.83 miles)
* The New Forge - 6 The Square, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8AB (5.88 miles)
* Bullers Arms - 7 Mill Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 8AW (5.85 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk