- 593 days ago
Eat & Mess is the home of our Cookery & Baking School based in Balham, and we offer a wide range of courses aimed at getting both children and adults involved in the wonderful world of food! Whether you are a complete beginner, or a budding professional, we have a range of skill levels to suit.
In our registered kitchen, you will get hands on experience in a variety of bakery skills, trained by a CRB registered professional baker who can answer any questions you may have, in addition to giving lots of tips on getting professional results in your own kitchen!
Adult Classes include:
Cupcake Masterclass- Baking & decorating 3 flavours of cupcakes, piping, and modelling with buttercream, cream cheese frosting and individual decorations.
* Decorating for Beginners- learn the basics of buttercream, royal icing and fondant- making your own icing, learning how to pipe professionally, make roses in buttercream and 3D flowers with royal icing.
* Decorating Masterclass- professionally covering and decorating a whole cake with fondant icing, learning how to make a range of 3D flowers, beading, piping and building a 3D cake.
* Baking for Beginners- Baking & professionally decorating a frosted whole cake, 6 miniature cakes and 6 delicious American muffins.
* Baking Masterclass- Bake and professionally decorate sweet pastry frangipane tarts, french macaroons and individual chocolate fudge cakes
* Afternoon Tea Class- bake a selection of miniature treats, including individual Victoria sponge cakes, sweet pastry tarts and scones.
Classes start from £45 per person- for dates and more details get in touch!
We also offer bespoke classes and private parties.